Thursday, December 30, 2004

Waiting in Canada...

"Write down the words of sadness, Burn them in a cup" - Jann Arden, Waiting In Canada

It seems that a cup would not be enough to contain the sadness I feel today.

I had a vision last night of the earth from space, the white mist of spirits leaving the planet shielding my view. I woke up with tears in my eyes, the reality of the tragedy of the Tsunamis has hit home.

One of the guys who lives in the attached apartment to mine is missing in Thailand. We're all worried, as he was boasting about how he would be sunning it up on a Thai beach while we were stuck in the cold. It never occurred to me until today that he may be there. I called my room-mate, who is very close to him and has heard nothing. Together, with the others upstairs, we wait.