Wednesday, December 15, 2004

a collection of small quotes from everyday people...

Things that have been said to me this week...

"I am from Columbia. But I don't have any connections, so don't even ask me to get you any drugs." - first coffee date with new friend.

"Go out and get yourself tanked, even though it's Tuesday." - quiet, very private Scottish 60y.o. lady revealing a little glimmer of mischief.

"This is Arial, font size 11. Do you think it would be better if it were font size 10.5? I know that our standard is font size 11, but I think it will work better, as far as readability goes, if we make it 10.5." - my ever so anal and monotonous boss, possibly whom "Office Space" was based on.

"You can get a free meningococcal vaccination at the Pumpjack pub on Davie Street, cos you're gay, right? I saw it on the news." - someone who is trying very hard to connect with me. (Incidentally, I responded, "Jeez, it must have been a slow news day if my sexuality makes the headlines!")