Friday, December 24, 2004

It's Christmas Day in Australia now, and Christmas Eve here in Calgary.

It is unbelievably fantastic to reconnect with my friend. Instant happiness. Wrapped up in the warmth of the person that she is, hanging out in her room - a space that is all about her, and is a reflection of everything that I adore about her. Everything about this space and moment in time feels awesome!


I spent the morning just hanging out under the warm duvet, listening to music, writing and looking out the window at the snow covered everything. I shared a coffee with my friend's mom, an amazing and interesting woman. We talked of travel, anthropology, life in Calgary, science fiction, filling any tiny moments of awkward silence with banter about the weather.

I woke up several time in teh night and opened the blinds to check that the snow was still there. Even in the dark, everything is bright white and I wonder if this is what Christmas is all about...it certainly feels more like Christmas than anything I have experienced before.

Tonight, we are having a Ukranian Christmas Eve dinner. Cabbage rolls, perogies and I'm told, onions galore! I am too excited for words. YAY!