Sunday, October 17, 2004

a three-quarters empty glass?

There are only three months left until I have to leave this amazing and wonderful place. That's a quarter of the year for which my visa allows.

I desperately want to stay.

I went to see my pimp the other day, at the temp company. The lovely, ever so schmarmy Rob, film star extrordinaire...you might remember him as the zany, eerie rabbi from the x-files. He told me that if I was to be sponsored to stay by the company I'm temping for, they'd need to pay the temp company their cut for me getting hired permanently. The pimp won't help me stay, even though I've been making him loads of cash all year, and in fact creates himself as another obstacle for me staying here.

It all should be so easy, but it's not.

So I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact that I will have to go back to OZ..."there's no place like home!"

Despite being a friend of Dorothy, I have to disagree with her. Why would you not want to stay in the Emerald City? Why go back to a place where there is little for you?

My glass is three-quarters empty today. I hope tomorrow it is one-quarter full.