Sunday, November 07, 2004

Past Affections

Playing this CD reminds me of when we saw this band live. Together. You drove your 180B, I bought you an orange juice and a beer for myself. You couldn’t have guessed then how much I loved you.
I was shy as I handed you the poem I had written for you, about you. You were touched. You pinned it to your wall. You didn’t think I was a dickhead! I was ecstatic. But really, secretly, I wanted more. I wanted you to read more into the words, in between the lines. I wanted you to see what I was really giving you. Me. My heart, all of me. You didn’t give me any signals, non signs. I figured I wasn’t your type and didn’t pursue you any further.
Now, years later, when I think about you, I wonder, did I not try hard enough? Should I have made myself more obvious? Or would I have just made a fool of myself?
Thinking about it won’t change anything.
Playing this CD reminds me of you.