Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Pearls of Wisdom

I have a friend who emails me regarly, and very often keeps me sane. Sometimes her emails contain snippets that are just too good to delete at the end of the day. I have kept a collection of these for a rainy day. Today, it is raining.

Some of these lines are topical, and amuse me greatly becuase I know who she is talking about and why. Others are universal pearls of wisdom.

She has a "refreshingly honest" turn of phrase (and I've turned into an Age reviewer), which brings a smile to my face even on the 5th and 6th read.



Fuck, if I didn’t need the money, I’d leave this god forsaken hell hole

We all resent the real world! Even if we don’t read fantasy novels

Oh fuck off. Don’t be so bloody rational!

Customers take it up the arse

People are stupid

She is the Lion Queen!

She seems to have John wrapped tightly around her not so little finger

She doesn’t give me the impression she gets stupid comment remorse

You should have heard us on Saturday, we should have been stirring a cauldron