Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wanna know a secret...

I'm sometimes quite a strange person. That's probably not a shock to people who know me, but it's true.

Sometimes obscure and insignificant things bother me.

For instance, on at least ten occasions in the past two weeks, I have heard different people refer to a common pasta dish as...ahem..."Spag Bog".

For some unknown reason, this term irks me like somebody scraping fingernails down a blackboard.

I cringe. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

I shudder and inside I scream, "IT'S SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE, NOT FUCKING SPAG BOG".

I don't outwardly protest, but I live in fear that they will repeat those words again.

I love Spaghetti Bolognese, but I'm not partial to nicknames that make perfectly good comfort food sound like some kind of cockney pub toilet, that hasn't been cleaned in a month!

And while we're on the topic of nicknames. I also am irked by two monikers that I've been hearing bandied about lately, namely:

Bug-a-Lugs - "Where's Bug-a-Lugs?" I don't know, out lugging bugs? What's that all about?

Losers - There is one guy at my work who makes a point of saying, "Morning Losers" to our team every time he walks by. And every time I hear him, well...if looks could kill...

Today's message from the word of G2C...

STAND UP PEOPLE! SAY NO TO SPAG BOG (AND YES TO PASTA!) AND NO MORE REFERRING TO PEOPLE AS BUG-A-LUGS or LOSERS! Thank you! My rant is complete.